MYSA appreciates your patience as we work our way through this uncertain time. We are aware that we have held on to our short season for as long as we could as we awaited direction from our provincial body, BC Soccer and received updates from the City of Merritt.
As more time passes and more cancellations are announced, we have quickly approached the inevitable termination of the 2020 season.
Of course, we are disappointed in this announcement but this decision remains outside of our control as we endeavour to be responsible for not only our membership but the community in which we reside.
Refunds will be issued for all registrations, however, we also come with a special request during this exceptional time.
Our decision was not made lightly as MYSA is a community-based organization that is run by volunteers who love the sport and love watching kids play it. Like many community organizations (profit or non), we are not immune to the economic impact this decision will have on the operations of the association. Planning takes place months in advance and uniforms (our largest expense) were ordered long before COVID-19 wreaked havoc on life as we knew it. Therefore, we are asking for a favour from those of you who are in the position to do so. If possible, we ask that you send an email to email@example.com by April 22nd indicating that you would like MYSA to hold your fees as a credit for next year. By doing so, MYSA will have some breathing room to offer full programming next year. If at any time your situation changes, MYSA will honour your refund. We appreciate your consideration and know that many of our members are facing increased financial stress at this time. We are all doing our best with the situation before us and there are no hard feelings if you are unable to do so.
Lastly, we ask for a bit more patience from you as we manually process the refunds through our financial institution.
On a side note, this is my 10th season with MYSA and I cannot explain how saddened I am by not being able to see your kids run around a field this spring. It brings me so much joy to watch them play with such intention and determination. I know that this is the right decision to make even though it was difficult to come to terms with. My personal promise to all of you is that after we make it through this time, I will see to it to offer as many programming opportunities as I can to make up for our lost time together.
Wishing you all health and safety.